Public Speaking fear to Public Speaking excellence
Imagine speaking with confidence and charisma totaly free of fear and anxiety.
Would it change your life? What would you achieve?
Public speaking can be a massive concern for many people; in fact there have been recent studies that people fear Public Speaking more than the fear of death itself - which is amazing.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Joseph too once had a big fear of public speaking, He would become self conscious, blush and feel all the attention was on him. It even grew into other areas of his life and he thought he could never break the cycle, leaving him to feel not good enough. However now he talks in front of big crowds teaching people self help process and transform peoples lives and further more he just loves being in front of people.
So how can you change your fear of public speaking to the love of public
Well first of all, it’s all about what’s happening inside of your mind rather the people your presenting or speaking to.
People tend to create images of all the things that could go wrong, having negative and doubting thoughts, which leads to the body to create all the horrible symptoms from blushing, sweating, fears and axienty – but its time to get back the control.
Here are our quick fire tips for speaking confidently with presence:
- Visualize and mental rehearse your presentation being charismatic and
successful as if it was a real experience – see what you would be seing, hear
what you would be hearing and feel the feelings of how good it would feel being
the way you want to be.
- Chaging your focus. People tend to thing think: 'How can I survive this?'
or 'I'm going to blush' or 'They think i'm terriable' Instead think: How can I
do this brilliantly? This chages our focus at an unconscious level to feel
succesful and be successful.
- Use eye contact with each member of the audience in turn.
- Getting prepared. Preparation prevents panic — knowing your material well will really boost your confidence and then you can just flow
- Never memorize your speech word for word, simply know your key points –
even create a mind map of those key points.
- When talking imagine projecting your voice over and past your audience –
this creates that magical presence as confident speaker and will also allow your
voice to have strenght and confidence.
- If you make a mistake – who cares, it happens and so what we all do time to
time. Simply carry on or correct it without apologizing.
- Be passionate about what you're talking about, alot of communication is
tonality rather words. With passion your will get your message across and your
audience will know your authentic and will be left wanting more.
- And finally allow talking to people to become a fun process, after all it truly is if you let it.
Through practising my tips you will be able to be the charismatic, confident speaker in no time. Keep shining
Try hypnotherapy for better results. Through hypnosis Joseph, Luke and Paul Clough, three Master hypnotherapist can help you change your thought patterns.
For more information about Joseph and his work go to www.josephcloughtrainings.co.uk or www.josephclough.com
To find out about Cambridge Hypnotherapy call call (01223) 720120 or contact us